Friday, March 6, 2009

Going Behind the Rinds

I am a cheese monger. I am by no means an expert on cheese, but I do have a fair amount of knowledge on the subject. The most incredible thing about my job is the experience of having hundreds of wheels of cheese pass through my hands, allowing me to see, smell and taste each one individually, and over and over again as the seasons change. This is the only way to really get to know cheese, for more than anything it is a living expression of the animals and the land that it comes from.

What I want to do here is simply talk about cheese. All aspects of it really. But I want to focus on how it looks, smells and tastes and what makes it that way. There is no better way to learn about and understand cheese than tasting it. So here is my record of what I taste, and anything else that comes up furthering my education on all things cheese.

1 comment:

  1. i think this is a fabulous idea and look forward to hearing what new or old cheeses you come across.

    ReplyDelete